VERTIC is looking for a volunteer to the Arms Control and Disarmament Programme. We are ideally looking for the candidate to start on 1 November 2010. Reporting to the Executive Director, the volunteer is expected to:
- Contribute to Trust & Verify, the centre’s quarterly publication;
- Contribute to the centre’s programme activities on verified arms control in the Middle East and South Asia; and
- Contribute to the centre’s programme activities on efforts to strengthen the IAEA safeguards system.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a background in science or politics, though other expertise will be considered, with an interest in pursuing a career in international peace and security. The volunteer should expect to receive:
- A vertic.org e-mail account;
- Exposure on VERTIC’s website;
- A chance to get published in one of our publications; and
- Periodical updates on the centre’s activities.
The volunteer will also get access to VERTIC’s library and, whenever possible, a workspace in our London office.
The position is unpaid, and should not be viewed as an offer of employment. A volunteer position usually lasts for one year. Working hours are subject to agreement with the Executive Director.
The position is open until filled. Please register your interest by submitting a CV, a cover letter, and a recent writing sample to unini.tobun [at] vertic.org.