VERTIC is looking for a volunteer to the Environment Programme. We are ideally looking for the candidate to start on 1 November 2010. Reporting to the Senior Research in charge of the environment programme, the volunteer is expected to:
- Contribute to Trust & Verify, the centre’s quarterly publication;
- Contribute to the centre’s effort to develop analysis and recommendations for an effective and workable climate change regime architecture;
- Contribute to the centre’s programme activities on the United Nations initiative on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (REDD); and
- Contribute to the centre’s programme activities on illegal forestry.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a background in science, politics or law, with an interest in pursuing a career in environmental policy and development. The volunteer should expect to receive:
- A vertic.org e-mail account;
- Exposure on VERTIC’s website;
- A chance to get published in one of our publications; and
- Periodical updates on the centre’s activities.
The volunteer will also get access to VERTIC’s library and, whenever possible, a workspace in our London office.
The position is unpaid, and should not be viewed as an offer of employment. A volunteer position usually lasts for one year. Working hours are subject to agreement with the Senior Researcher.
The position is open until filled. Please register your interest by submitting a CV, a cover letter, and a recent writing sample to unini.tobun [at] vertic.org.